Monday, July 2, 2007

"Fire" and "Marisol"

I have just finished "Fire" and "Marisol." They were both fun to work on. Fire was composed using lots of Angelina fibers and different cottons and sheer fabrics captured behind tulle. It was sent this morning to my SIL for a very late BD present. I am hoping it will find a good home.
"Marisol" the mermaid is machine pieced and hand appliqued. The beach she sits on is made of Angelina fibers, threads and yarns that were layered on clear plastic material and subsequently heat distressed with an iron. Seashells and flowers were added for interest. Her face was done with both colored pencils and ultra fine Sharpies. I have since tried to remember exactly what kind of plastic was used so I could duplicate it but to no avail. This has taught me to keep a notebook with samples handy so I can remember materials and techniques used for future reference.

No comments: