Tuesday, August 12, 2008

International Quilt Festival 2008 World of Beauty



Yesterday, I received news that Little Boy Blue and Little Rascals were accepted into the Houston IQF World of Beauty show. It is my first time getting into Houston and I am thrilled. Wow, what an honor to be among those receiving letters of acceptance. I am especially humbled to be in such good company. It makes me want to continue my quest to be a better artist and hone my skills to the best of my ability. I can't help feeling that the bar has been raised. I am encouraged to proceed with my Nature series and am currently in the process of making a blue jay that is alot larger in scale than what I am accustomed to working on. Today, it is raining and I always look at rain as a sign of growth and renewal. I really enjoy sewing on a rainy day!

4 comments:

Winter Wanderings said...

Congratulations! I can hardly wait to see "Little Rascals" again.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Congratulations! You must be floating on air!

Martha Tsihlas said...

Congratulations!! What an honor. I will be looking for your pieces in Houston....

W Jenson said...

Congratulations Barb!! I am not surprised. Both pieces are incredibly beautiful!