Happy New Year Everyone!!! Over the holidays, I decided to make another 3Dimensional tree. This time, the tree would have a treehouse! You know how they say ideas begin to percolate in your head and you just can't get them out? Well, I have been tossing this idea around for a few months now and it just won't leave me alone so I decided to satisfy my curiosity. Beginning with a 40" length of heavy duty copper wire coil that I purchased from Home Depot, I scored the outer jacket with a utility knife at both ends of the wire. One end was scored approximately 20" from the end while the other end was scored at about 7" from the opposite end. The middle section was left in tact. After scoring the plastic sheath, I ran the utility knife down from the scored line to the ends of the wire on both sides. The outer plastic sheath from the copper wire coil was and stripped at both ends and removed such that wire was exposed at each end with the sheath remaining in the middle. I then placed the length of the wire through a 13" length of PVC pipe. The longer length of exposed copper wires were separated from one another and bent to mimic the branches of the tree canopy. The remaining 7" of coil on the opposite end was left coiled together. In order to stabilize the piece while I worked, I placed the whole entire PVC and bottom portion of the tree in a tall cannister. I then took 2 pieces of approximately 10" coiled wire that was smaller in diameter and stripped the outer sheath to expose several small copper wires running together. The wires were completely separated and used to attach smaller limbs to the larger branches. A good pair of needle nose pliars is suitable for this job. The limbs and branches were wrapped with tsumugi silk blend of fibers and the ends were coiled in a loop to secure the wrapping. Once all the branches and limbs were wrapped, I began adding the foliage. Here, dyed lace and doilies with were cut into small pieces and floral wire was threaded through the holes in the lace and doilies. The opposite ends were twisted onto the branches to provide a canopy cover. The trunk containing the unsheathed wire and PVC pipe was wrapped with brown lace. The bottom exposed wire was fanned out and the ends of the wire were looped to assimilate the roots of the tree. The roots were also wrapped with brown lace to match the trunk. Dyed antique lace, perhaps from a ladies dress, undergarments or even gloves were hand stitched to the trunk of the tree to provide more texture. This piece stands approximately 31" high and has a 24-26" diameter canopy. I think it's a great place for a treehouse. And now, it's back to the drawing board to see what I can come up with for that treehouse. Maybe it might even be a tree village!