Friday, November 16, 2012

Dinner at Eight Artists Celebrate “Rituals” Exhibit in Houston

Welcome, today is my first blogpost for Off the Wall Friday hosted by Nina Marie at http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/ . I think it is a great way of connecting with other artists and the community. And speaking of community, I am honored to be a part of Dinner at Eight Artists. What a fabulous group of women! This month, we gathered together in Houston to celebrate the new “Rituals” exhibit. Pictured above are Jeannie Palmer Moore, Judy Coates Perez, Barb Forrister, Susan Brubaker Knapp, Rachel Parris, Leslie Tucker Jenison, Jamie Fingal, Gayle Simpson, Loris Bogue, Sue Bleiweiss, Frances Holliday Alford and Lyric Kinard. This photo was taken after our interview with Bonnie Lynn McCaffrey at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas.





 
 
Microphones for some reason always make me nervous but somehow Bonnie was able to put me at ease with her warm and inviting manner. Not to mention I am one of her biggest fans. I absolutely love her work! Following the interviews, we posed for a group photo. Our sponsor, Havel’s Scissors was there and I got a chance to check out their fabulous products. I will be blogging about this soon but for now, let me say that this exhibit was fantastic and in my mind, our best, yet. Later, that evening, we met up for dinner at yep, you got it, 8. So much fun to catch up with each other and discuss plans for next year. We also received news that Rituals has been invited to exhibit at the Open European Championship in the Netherlands next spring. Yay! How fun! Have to say, sometimes, I am so envious of my quilts and the places they travel. Speaking of travel, I bid you to visit Nina’s blog and some of the other artists featured on Off the Wall Friday. Stop by and leave a comment. We would love to hear from you!

No comments: